Welcome to the 20th ELLE QUÉBEC/ELLE CANADA Beauty Grand Prix!
The ELLE QUÉBEC/ELLE CANADA Beauty Grand Prix is a unique opportunity to make a name for yourself in the cosmetics industry. This prestigious competition offers a judging panel of ELLE readers—your customers—the chance to vote for their favourite products in a blind test. And as for future Beauty Grand Prix competitions, a men-only judging panel will also be taking part.
Designed to give your brand prime visibility, the Beauty Grand Prix is an opportunity to:
- Win over our readers
- Capitalize on the influence of the ELLE name
- Receive outstanding visibility on the ELLE QUÉBEC and ELLE CANADA platforms (magazine, Web, and newsstands)
What this Canada-wide competition does for winning companies:
- Enhances visibility of their product(s)
- Encourages consumers to try their product(s)
- Boosts product sales
We look forward to having you join us at this fantastic competition!
Noreen Flanagan, Editor-in-Chief, ELLE CANADA
Sandra Abi-Rashed, Brand Director, ELLE QUÉBEC
After you register for the Beauty Grand Prix, your product will be blind-tested for a period of 11 weeks by a cross-Canada judging panel.
How it works
- A promo page in the December 2015 issue of ELLE QUÉBEC and ELLE CANADA will invite readers to complete the online registration form.
- We will also invite our Facebook friends to join the testing panel.
- The 750 judges selected will each be part of one of the 15 judging panels made up of 50 readers who will blind-test and rate the products in each category.
- The judges will note their comments and scores in a logbook and give their verdict.
- For each category, the product with the highest average score will be declared the winner of the 2016 ELLE QUÉBEC/ELLE CANADA Beauty Grand Prix.
And for the gentlemen…
- Male judges will be recruited via our female readers (and via ELLE QUÉBEC and ELLE CANADA social media) who will be urged to get the men in their lives (spouse, friend, sons, etc.) to take part. Our readers can pass on the information about the competition to these gentlemen, who can then complete the online form.
- The men who are selected will be part of a judging panel of 50 participants who will blind-test and rate products in 4 different categories.
Discover your score
- Once the results are compiled, we will share them with you and you can read the judges’ comments about your products. That way you enjoy direct access to the sincere opinions of our judging panel of men and women who are passionate about cosmetics and other beauty products. You will be able to use these comments (subject to approval) until the results of the 2017 Beauty Grand Prix are announced.
- Every year we handle, camouflage, and ship thousands of beauty products. The competition registration fee helps cover the cost of shipping and handling and allows us to share our readers’ impressions with you. The fee for each product you register is $995 (plus tax), and you are asked to provide 60 free samples (regular size) for testing by our judges. Once we have announced the names of the winners, those winners must provide an additional 20 samples of each winning product that we will offer in a contest for our readers.
- This year again, for the registration of 10 products from the same brand, the 11th registration will be for offered
This year, winning products will be selected from 5 groups divided into 41 categories. We are excited to introduce 8 new categories for the 2016 Beauty Grand Prix, an initiative that’s sure to pique the interest of our readers and help promote your new products.
To ensure that the submitted products are tested against other products of similar value, our categories are subdivided into price ranges.
- Face Moisturizer
- Anti-aging Cream
- Makeup Remover
- Eye Contour Care
- Face Scrub (with or without microbeads)
- Face Mask
- NEW! Face Solar Protection
- Lip Balm
- NEW! Sonic Brush
- NEW! Dark Spot Corrector
- Mascara (black)
- Eyeliner (black – pencil, brush, felt pen)
- Eyeshadow (neutral – solo or duo)
- Concealer (beige/natural)
- Lipstick (red only)
- Nail polish and Top Coat (red only – top coat not required)
- Tinted Cream (medium - BB/CC and other tinted creams)
- Bronzer (medium)
- Primer (non-tinted)
- NEW! Makeup Fixer
- Blush (orange)
- NEW! Eyebrow Makeup (medium – gel, powder, wax, pencil)
- Shampoo and Conditioner – non-coloured hair
- Shampoo and Conditioner – coloured hair
- Shampoo and Conditioner – damaged hair
- Dry Shampoo
- Hair Mask
- No-rinse Treatment for Curly Hair
- Heat-resistant Smoothing Treatment
- Body Moisturizer
- Hand Cream
- Body Wash
- NEW! Deodorant
- Body Scrub
- Face Moisturizer
- NEW! Face Cleanser
- NEW! Shaving Care Product (foam, cream, oil)
*Note: You may register only one product per category.
On ELLE QUÉBEC and ELLE CANADA platforms
- The results of the Beauty Grand Prix will be announced in a special feature published in November 2016 in ELLE QUÉBEC and ELLE CANADA.
- A contest announced in the same issues will offer 20 lucky readers the chance to win all of the winning products.
- The ellequebec.com and ellecanada.com sites will feature the winning products.
- Content related to the Beauty Grand Prix will be promoted on our social media pages.
- The winning products will also be featured on our iPad editions.
- Each year, a PR campaign ensures coverage of the Beauty Grand Prix in the English- and French-language media.
- Winners will receive 5,000 free Beauty Grand Prix stickers they can affix on their winning product packaging.
- Winners will be allowed to use the official Beauty Grand Prix logo on their in-store promotional material and websites and in their online stores (subject to approval),until the winners of the following year’s Beauty Grand Prix are announced.
- Once again this year, the Beauty Grand Prix finalists will be announced on the ELLE QUÉBEC and ELLE CANADA web platforms (social media and website).