Welcome to the 2012 ELLE Beauty Grand Prix!
The ELLE Beauty Grand Prix continues to bring you the most prestigious and unique opportunity in the beauty-care industry: a competition that lets an ELLE reader jury panel—your potential consumers—pick their favorite products in a blind-testing process.
Designed to provide your brand with targeted exposure, the ELLE Beauty Grand Prix gives your product the chance to garner consumer endorsement, gain media exposure and create in-store promotion with the influential support of the ELLE brand.
This program helps winners to:
- Raise product awareness
- Promote product trials
- Increase product sales
We would love to see your product in our pages!
Noreen Flanagan, Editor-in-Chief, ELLE Canada
Sandra Abi-Rashed, Brand Director, ELLE Québec
When you enter, your product will be part of a blind-testing process evaluated from 10 to 12 week period by a jury panel made up of 750 ELLE readers across Canada.
How it works
- A promotional page in the July 2012 issues of ELLE CANADA and ELLE QUÉBEC drive readers online to fill out the jury questionnaire. 750 jury members are then selected and assigned to groups of 50 jury members each, who then blind test and evaluate products in up to 3 different pricing levels.
- The jury members record their comments and scores in a logbook that must be returned along with their verdict. Once the votes are tallied, the product with the highest average score in each category will be declared an ELLE 2013 Beauty Grand Prix winner.
Find out how you did
- Once the jury’s testing results are tabulated, we will be providing you with their feedback. You will have access to your products’ scores and comments. This research data will provide you with candid consumer opinion—straight from our ELLE readers.
Other important information
- Each year, thousands of containers require handling, camouflaging and shipping. The registration fee will help to cover this expense and permit us to provide you with our juries’ comments. With your registration form you are required to provide a registration fee of $795 (plus taxes). You must also send 60 complimentary regular-size sample products for our jurors to test. Following the announcement of the winning products, you agree to supply 20 complimentary regular-size samples of each of your winning entries for promotional purposes.
This year, winners will be determined across 21 categories in 4 groups. We’ve included four new categories this year that will excite our readers and highlight your product offerings.
Depending on the products entered, the categories are further divided into price sub-categories. Products are tested against those in their price range.
- Daytime facial moisturizer
- Nighttime facial moisturize
- NEW! 85% Natural facial hydrating cream*
- Eye makeup remover
- Facial Cleanser
- Eye contour care
- Concealer (natural/beige)
- Eyeshadow (neutral colour)
- Eyeliner (black)
- Lipstick (pinkish beige)
- Mascara (black)
- NEW! Powder or liquid bronzer (medium)
- NEW! Nail polish (natural, beige, nude)
Body and Hands
- Body Moisturizer
- Hand cream
- Hair mask
- Shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair
- Shampoo and conditioner for normal hair
- NEW! Dry shampoo
*Note: Products submitted in this category must respect particular criteria.
To be allowed in this category, the products should:
- Use ingredients derived from renewable resources, manufactured by environmentally friendly processes.
- Not contain any GMO,parabens, phenoxyethanol, nanoparticles, silicon, PEG, synthetic perfumes and dyes, animal-derived ingredients (unless naturally produced by them: milk, honey, etc.).
- Have a biodegradable or recyclable packaging.
A minimum threshold of natural ingredients from organic farming must be reached:
- A minimum of 85% of all ingredients must be natural or of natural origin.
- A minimum of 85% of all plant-based ingredients in the formula must come from organic farming.
- A minimum of 10% of all ingredients must come from organic farming.
- ELLE CANADA and ELLE QUÉBEC will publish the results in a spring 2013 issues in a special Beauty Grand Prix feature story.
- Full-page contest ad in a spring 2013 issues will feature all the winning products and give readers a chance to win them all.
- Winning products may have the opportunity to be part of advertorial initiatives.
- Every year, the ELLE Beauty Grand Prix is supported by a public relations initiative designed to increase exposure for it and its winning products in both the English and French markets, witch permit a great visibility to the public.
- 4,000 complimentary Beauty Grand Prix on-pack stickers to use on winning products.
- Opportunity to use the official ELLE Beauty Grand Prix logo on promotional materials (with approval).
On the web
- ellequebec.com and ellecanada.com will feature all winning products.
- The winners will also be announced on our social networks (Twitter, Facebook or blog).